Sunday, February 3, 2013

Birchbox January Review



After seeing pictures of my friends monthly boxes I couldn't resist. I have only been getting Birchbox boxes for a few months and I am totally in love. I look forward to my surprise gift each month and they have not disappointed me yet. If you aren't familiar with Birchbox it is a company that sends you 4-5 sample size beauty products each month for $10. The items are based on your personal preferences that you set when you sign up.

So here is my box from January:



* Amika - Color pHerfection Shampoo: I used this shampoo and didn't notice any difference in my hair. I should admit I don't usually wash my hair I normally get it done in a shop so I'm not the best reviewer for this item. I had not heard of this company before so it was nice to be introduced to something new.

* Harvey Prince - Skinny Chic Perfume (meyer lemon, white grapefruit, and pink plumeria) I am not a big perfume person as most of them irritate me. This was one of those. And I didn't care for the scent at all.

* My - Multi-purpose mattifying moisturizer: This was a nice moisturizer, didn't irritate my skin and I did notice a mattifying effect.

* theBalm cosmetics - Hot Mama: This is a blush and highlighter, its pink with a golden shimmer. It was nice but a little too light for my skin tone. I had to layer and layer to get it to show on me. Great if you like a subtle color and it does last.

Beauty Extra: (they always send something extra that isn't necessarily a beauty item but it's always fun, my first month was a chocolate covered fortune cookie which I absolutely loved).

* Deborah Lippmann - the stripper to go: What a cute name right? Its a nail polish remover mitt with a sweet scent (at least that's what the package says) I haven't tried it yet because I'm saving it for a trip. I love having little travel size items to take with me so this was a welcome item in my box.

If you want to join use my link to give a girl some credit! Here it is: Birchbox



1 comment: