Saturday, September 5, 2015

Quick update

I continued TFD for June and July and lost 7 more pounds! I am still working out 1-3 times per week doing Zumba. I notice the more I workout the more I lose even if I cheat on the plan. So I try to get those workouts in as much as possible. 

TFD made some changes to their program so I've been taking a break from them. The changes were basically instead of having new options for meals everyday they give you new options once a week. The variety was one of the things I really loved about that plan and I tried to stick it out but ultimately I didn't like the new plan. I know they probably had to do it to save money so I don't hold it against them :-) I still have some days left so I will be starting back up next month. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue once my days run out though. It's not like I could do it forever anyway so that may be the kick in the pants that I needed. 

Also while I'm taking a break I'm doing The Daniel Fast. If you haven't heard of it it's a biblical based fast and there's a lot of info on the web about it. While it is spiritual an added benefit is losing weight. I've lost 7 lbs and I'm on day 18. It's pretty hard for me to do this but it's an easy sacrifice considering what God did :-) Anyway since this is a weight loss entry I figured I'd mention it because total I've lost 24 lbs so far. 

I'll keep updating until I reach my goal of 50. Originally I wanted to reach this goal by August for my 35th bday but that didn't happen obviously! But I look and feel so much better then I did when I started. My clothes fit better and I can now fit all of my pre pregnancy clothes!  It's taking a lot longer then I expected but it doesn't even bother me because I keep moving forward and 20 lbs makes a big difference! Now I plan to lose the rest of the weight by the end of this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment