Sunday, June 7, 2015

TFD Update

I am still going strong on TFD, I have had some setbacks and successes and I'm still on the road to weight loss. I'm happy to report I have hit the 10 lb mark!! I'm so excited about that. I've never stuck to a plan this long before and it is really paying off. 

My major setback was not being strict with my diet after a few weeks on the increased calorie plan. I had some wiggle room before but once I increased my calories I needed to be perfect in order to lose weight instead of maintain my current weight. I realized I needed to decrease the calories after a few weeks because my stomach was shrinking, yay!! I was all of a sudden feeling stuffed after my meals, and even with that feeling I just couldn't believe I could actually go back to the lower calories because of my starvation feelings in the beginning. But I guess what I read was true, you do adjust to the calories. I finally bit the bullet and reduced the calories and I haven't been hungry at all. I still have my sweet cravings but I'm never starving. Super happy about that! 

I've been on the lower cal plan almost 2 weeks now and it's already kicking me back into gear. I also started working out. I do an aerobics class 3 times per week, I'm going to keep that up for June and add strength workouts in July. I'm taking it slow and giving myself time to adjust to each change so that I don't burn myself out and quit like I've done so many times in the past. When I first started the classes about a month ago I was so tired for the entire next day. But I've finally gotten to the point where I can workout and not feel exhausted for the next 24 hours, thank God! Oh and I was also super hungry after the classes too which has finally leveled out. I gave in to many cravings those days so that hindered my weight loss as well. But with each setback I didn't give up. I didn't give myself the option to pig out and start over either. I just kept moving forward. 

So anyway, on the some new foods I've tried and some updates on a few old ones. I'm still loving the food. It's nice to try something new once and a while but still have my favorites I can look forward to eating each day. 


Salmon Burger on Whole Wheat Bun with Yellow Tomato, Lettuce, & Dill Aioli. Really good, moist salmon burger and delicious aioli. Adding this to my regular rotation. 


Breakfast Pizza with Scrambled Egg, Turkey Sausage and Cheddar Cheese on Whole Wheat Pita. This was a fun breakfast. I think they use fat free cheese because I promise you it doesn't taste like anything. I added some jelly and it was a good breakfast thanks to the delicious sausage. 


Hoisin Glazed Turkey and Quinoa Meatloafwith Mexican Quinoa and Water Chestnut and Brussels Sprout Puree. I think I love anything sweet, with that being said, the meatloaf was great. I didn't love the brussels sprout puree but the quinoa was cool.


Chicken and Waffles with Honey Hot Sauce. Well I had to report on this because they changed the sauce this time and it was really good, I think they took my advice and used red hot instead of tabasco. I almost threw it out but I could smell the red hot in it (so sad, lol) so I tried it and while I still used regular syrup on my waffles I loved it as a dipping sauce for the chicken, yummy!!! 


Caramelized Onion and Pancetta Stuffed Lavosh with Mango Chutney. I was really looking forward to this meal but it was super duper salty this time for some reason. Someone must've messed up because no one could like anything that salty. I've had it again since this time and it was back to normal. I was so disappointed this day though :-(


Asian Style Brocco-Slaw with Shredded Turkey. This was good snack, I liked having the noodles in it, it really made it feel like a mini-meal. 


Cherry and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. Not a fan, I didn't taste any peanut butter and the consistency wasn't pleasant either. I'll pass on these next time. 


Pumpkin Apple Quinoa Oatmeal. I didn't even warm these oatmeal balls up because the look just threw me off, I tasted it and I didn't like it, I'm also not a fan of pumpkin just to be fair. 



Pineapple Upside-Down Cake with Maraschino Cherries and Pecans. I loved how it came in a muffin shape this time, it tasted better too. Hopefully this is the new way I'll be receiving this dessert. 


Cajun Rubbed Grilled Skirt Steak with Southwestern Corn Saute and Sun-Dried Tomato Couscous. I don't remember how I felt about this meal but heres a pic in case anyone is interested. 


Asian Flank Steak on Whole Wheat Roll with Szechuan Style Slaw and Peanut Sauce. I will use my famous line for this one. I didn't expect to like this but it was really good! I'm not a steak person so I just got this to try it, well I stick by my other famous line, peanut sauce makes everything better! The slaw was really good too, it was spicy and the sauce was sweet so it was a nice contrast. The bread was thick, nice and soft just how I like it. 


Walnut Crusted Chicken Apricot Rouladewith Pesto Butternut Squash Puree and Sauteed Cabbage with Tart Cherries and Apples. This was a really good meal. I've had the chicken before and while I still think it needs more filling it was still good. But what surprised me was the butternut squash, adding that pesto made it sooo good. From now on whenever something has pesto I will be trying it. 












No comments:

Post a Comment