Friday, May 8, 2015

The Fresh Diet - Day 28

Polenta Breakfast Pudding with Apple Compote. You already know by now that I love polenta. So it should come as no surprise that I loved this dish. I've never had a sweet version on polenta before but I can't wait to have it again. The grapes on top and the sauce on the bottom really added to the flavor of the dish. The yogurt went great with it. 



Mini Veggie Egg Rolls with Peanut Sauce. These were good and perfect with the sauce. Tasted just like regular egg rolls you'd get a any Chinese restaurant. 



Whole Wheat Pizza Topped with Tri-Color Bell Pepper, Mozzarella Cheese & Marinara Sauce. My son ate this with me, it was really good just like the last pizza I had. So far the only one I didn't like was the one with the sun dried tomatoes on it. The others have been wonderful, they are at the top of my list when they are offered. 



Boneless Pork Chop with Zahtar Spice Rub and Demi Glacewith Spaghetti Squash Fritters and Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Fennel and Fresh Lemon Zest. I went to a basketball game tonight so I didn't eat this meal, I will eat it tomorrow instead. At the game I had one slice of pizza, half a huge chocolate chip cookie and water. I am really proud of myself because normally I would've went crazy. This was a work thing for my husband so we were in a suite that had catered food and dessert. There were chicken fingers, sliders, pretzels, ice cream and brownies just laid out on the counter. Then the dessert cart came around and we were able to pick anything off of there that we wanted, that's where my weakness for chocolate chip cookies took over. But I stopped at a half because it just wasn't that good therefore just not worth the calories. I'm still a little surprised that I did so well. But knowing I get a sweet fix daily and I love the food on this plan it really helps me with my cravings. 

(Update: This meal was good, the pork cop was flavored nicely, the sauce didn't have much flavor compared to other sauces I receive on the plan. Although I am still sick so my tastebuds are off at the moment. The brussels sprouts were good once again. The fritters were new and I liked them, they gave me a bread/carb fix although they are a veggie). 



Key Lime Cheesecake. I also ate this the next day and it was the first disappointing cheesecake I've had on the plan. And no I'm not blaming my tastebuds on this one. It tasted like a block of cream cheese in a pan. No key lime taste whatsoever. And I am a huge key lime pie fan so I was really excited for this one. Even if it tasted like a plain cheesecake it would've been better. I think someone made a mistake when cooking this one, I will order again because it had to be an accident. 




No comments:

Post a Comment