Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Fresh Diet - Day 1

My first day on TFD went well. The food was really good but I did get hungry towards the end of the day. I ended up eating half of my dinner and dessert early and saving the other half which worked out well for me.

Tart Lemon Basil and Raspberry Corn Cakes with Pomegranate Syrup and Chicken Apple Sausage, this was delicious. The syrup was more water then syrup but it gave the corn cakes a nice flavor and I didn't miss having maple syrup at all. The skin on the chicken sausage is a bit chewy but still a tasty sausage, I would order this meal again for sure. 






Grilled Chicken Breast with Baby Arugula, Orange Segments, Mango, Strawberries & Citrus Ginger Dressing. I'm not really into salads but I'm trying to force it since to me they are a part of dieting. But I didn't love this salad and will pass on it in the future. The salad itself was good I just don't care for fruity salads. 




Thai Coconut Curry Chicken with Bamboo Shoots and Broccoli Bits with Mirin Braised Baby Bok Choy and Roasted Green Beans with Garlic Ponzu and Dashi. I totally forgot to take a pic of this dinner. It was really good though. The chicken was tender and the seasoning was really nice. The veggies were seasoned well also. 



Spinach Artichoke Dip with Whole Wheat Pita Chips. I didn't love this snack but maybe that's because I love the spinach dip from Houstons which is probably a million calories. It tasted a little too much like yogurt instead of a rich dip so I will pass on this in the future. 



Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, yum yum yum. They give you two cookies but only one is pictured here. These cookies were so good. Super moist and sweet and chewy. I am a sugarholic so this was definitely the highlight of my day. 


Overall a great first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment