Monday, April 20, 2015

The Fresh Diet - Day 10

Another great TFD food day! I love having my meals already decided for the day, it makes it really easy to make good choices. I don't have to talk myself out of picking the unhealthy meal anymore. I went over to Panera with my mom and I wasn't even tempted to get any cookies because I didn't have to think about it and I also knew I had a great dessert waiting for me at home anyway. 


Pear Stuffed Honey Wheat French Toast with Strawberries and Strawberry Ricotta Cheese. I wasn't sure I was going to like ricotta cheese but I tried it anyway. I put it all together and used the ricotta like it was whipped cream basically. That's how I like to eat my waffles so I figured it may work this way as well. I loved it! 



Fig and Blue Cheese Tartlet with Caramelized Onions and Balsamic Glaze. Balsamic on anything wins me over and this was no exception. The crust was nice and flaky, the glaze was sweet and tangy and it was a nice snack and also fancy, which for me is always a plus. 


Chicken Caesar Wrap with Romaine Lettuce & Cucumber on a Sun-Dried Tomato Tortilla Wrap. This wrap was really good, I sprinkled some Panko crumbs on it to mimic the crunch of croutons which made it perfection for me. 



Spicy Chickpea Patties with Cilantro, Lime and Green Chilies with Sweet Chili Glazed Grilled Corn Wheels and Steamed Broccolini. At first bite I didn't like the patties, I didn't know what to expect but it was basically ground up chickpeas (not sure where my confusion came from, lol). I added some mayo to cut the spice because I don't do spices too well. When I had it along with the broccolini it was great. And of course corn is corn, can't go wrong with that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment