Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Fresh Diet - Day 5

TFD Day 5 was another great day for food! At this point I think you already know I'm going to say I was still hungry right? I ate some club crackers (so buttery, soft, salty and crunchy, mmmmm) when I couldn't take the hunger any longer. But for me that's not too bad. I haven't had sugar cravings since I started and I think thats because I know I get to have a great dessert each day. And also maybe because I'm too hungry for actual food to be worried about something that won't satiate me.


Apple and Fig Marmalade Stuffed French Toast with Turkey Bacon. Another great breakfast, there was some mint in the stuffing that I didn't care for too much, I don't like mint in my food, I never even liked those mojitos when they were super popular. Still a tasty meal. 


Roasted Pear and Ricotta Crostini with Fresh Baby Arugula and Honey Drizzle. I wanted to try this just because. It was okay, the bread had gotten soggy from the pears and I think I need more protein in my snack anyway. 




 Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts in a Pita. This was good, there was only one grape cut in half in the entire salad and you better believe I savored that grape, lol. I put extra mayo in the salad because that's how I like it, I don't think the extra calories will do too much harm considering how hungry I am. 


 Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Peach Salsawith Southwestern Orzo and Sauteed Kale. I don't know how the kale is made but this dish made me love kale! It was crunchy and flavorful and went really well with the pork and orzo. This was my first time having orzo and it tasted like a mix of pasta and rice, which is exactly what it looks like. I loved it. The spiced pork was a little too spicy for me but the salsa cooled it down. I would order again. 



Pineapple Upside-Down Cake with Maraschino Cherries and Pecans. I took a bite out of my dessert AGAIN before I took the picture. The problem is, I like to have a bite of something sweet after my lunch and I always forget to take a pic because I'm not eating the entire thing. So this was another satisfying dessert. I like the cheesecake better (like everyone else that's obsessed with their cheesecakes). There was a nice crunch due to the pecans but it wasn't sweet enough for me and the consistency also didn't make me feel like it was a decadent cake. So I'll stick to the cheesecake given the option next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment