Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Fresh Diet - Day 15

TFD day 15 - First day of increased calories. Now I'm at 1600-1800 calories and I felt the difference. Week 3 has begun and I am not tired of this plan at all. I still look forward to my meals each day and although I had a weight gain I believe I will still reach my goals with this plan. 

Creamy Wheat Berry Oatmeal with Golden Raisins and Toasted Almonds. This was my first oatmeal choice so I can't compare the size to the lower calorie version. But this was huge. I ate half when I first woke up at 5:30a and the second half at a normal hour of 8a. I go to bed so hungry that I wake up super early with my stomach growling! Moving on, this was good and filling. There was way too much nutmeg in it but I still liked it and the wheat berries gave it a nice crunch which surprised me. There was a good amount of almonds too so I would try this again. 


Mini Sweet Potato & Turkey Shepherds Pie. The sweet potatoes also had too much nutmeg, was it nutmeg day or something, lol. I added ketchup which I know I shouldn't have but I had to mask that nutmeg somehow. This was a larger portion then I expected but I think I'll pass on this in the future. It wasn't bad but there are just more options I like more.


Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing. Surprise surprise I didn't like this salad. What is it with me and salads? I took this to the mall with me so that I wouldn't cheat and then forgot to take a pic. But yay for me for passing up all the mall junk! The salad had lettuce, red peppers, pineapples, peanuts, carrots, and plain chicken. The peanut dressing tasted watered down and there wasn't enough it. I also didn't like the toppings, it's not what I had in mind for a Thai salad so I would not order it again. 
Chicken Collette with Aged Cheddar Cheese and Fresh Tarragonwith Whole Wheat Potato Gnocchi with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Brown Butter, Sage and Lemon and Hearty Winter Cauliflower and Broccoli Stir Fry. This meal was ok. I don't know what it is about the chicken but it just wasn't as good as I expected. I didn't taste the cheddar cheese at all so I think maybe it's the nonfat kind. And the gnocchi was dry and hard, totally different then the last time I had gnocchi on the plan. Maybe that one wasn't whole wheat?  I'll have to check. The stir fry was good I'd order it again. I may even order this entire meal again, maybe I just microwaved it too long? 



No comments:

Post a Comment