Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Fresh Diet - Day 9

Once I got to lunch I realized this was sort of an international day at TFD. Well that's what it seemed like to me, since we are starting with chicken and waffles! Seriously. 

Chicken and Waffles with Honey Hot Sauce. So when I saw this on the menu I felt an obligation to choose it, lol. I loved Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in Los Angeles and Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles in Atlanta so I was very excited and surprised to see this on the menu. It was a nice meal. Of course its a healthy version so instead of wings you get chicken fingers. And the waffles were really crumbly for some reason. The one major miss for me was the syrup. I appreciate them for trying to incorporate the hot sauce into the syrup but first of all we don't combine and second we don't use tabasco (gasp) we use Red Hot!!! This post is hilarious to me. Good try TFD, but don't feel bad, I'll order this again if it makes it back around. 



Asian Style Brocco-Slaw with Shredded Turkey. This slaw was really good, there was a nice amount of turkey which I'm not used to in my snacks and the flavor did remind me of something I'd have at an Asian restaurant. 


Caramelized Onion and Pancetta Stuffed Lavosh with Mango Chutney. This meal was so good, I can't wait to order it again! Lavosh is an Armenian bread (yes I had to look it up in case you are wondering, I didn't know what the heck lavosh was). The mango chutney really pushed it over the edge for me. It was sweet, crunchy and salty which satisfies me every time. 





Lean Turkey Meatballs with Fresh Marinara Saucewith White Bean Cassoulet with Chicken Sausage and Green Beans with Walnuts & Garlic. This was an ok dinner. There was nothing wrong with it, nothing much you can do with meatballs and green beans so I'm not complaining. The sausage in the beans was a little bit too spicy for me but not too spicy that I didn't eat it. I need every calorie in this low cal plan to keep my insides from eating themselves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment