Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Fresh Diet - Day 2

Day 2 on TFD was a great day as far as food was concerned, I was definitely hungry today though. The thing that keeps me going is that the food is so good, I don't feel like I'm eating diet food at all. So even though I'm hungry I can always look forward to my next meal because I know it will be delicious.

Caramelized Onion & Parmesan Cheese Omelet with Turkey Bacon & Seven Grain Toast. Delicious omelet and I'm not a huge fan of onions. But the caramelization really gave a nice sweetness to the omelet and the turkey bacon and toast made me fill like I had a lot of food and kept my satisfied until lunch.



Roasted Turkey and Green Bean Wrap with Honey Dijon. This wrap was yummy. There were cranberries and onions inside which were a pleasant surprise that added some sweetness to the meal which I love. The honey dijon was great as well. 





Roasted Leg of Lamb with Red Wine & Shallot Reductionwith Spinach Couscous and Roasted Baby Squash. I am not a fan of lamb but wanted to try it. Maybe I microwaved it too long but it was too chewy and could only eat about half of it avoiding the super tough parts. The sauce was really thin and didn't have much flavor so I would pass on this in the future but the sides were really good and seasoned perfectly. 



Grilled Canadian Bacon Over Baby Arugula with Fresh Honeydew & Toasted Pine Nuts. I didn't know what to expect with this snack but I was pleasantly surprised. The combination of crunchy, sweet and salty was perfect. 



Raspberry Cheesecake. This cheesecake didn't taste like any cheesecake I've had on a diet. It was great and the slice was really large. The desserts are probably what will lead to me sticking with this diet long term. I don't love the flavor of raspberry that much in sweets so I'm not sure I would get this exact one again, I guess it depends on what else would be offered. 



No comments:

Post a Comment