Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Fresh Diet - First Week Recap



Now that I've survived the week I can get to the great news! I lost 6lbs!!!!!! I know, I can't believe it either. Even with adding things here and there and not being perfect I still got great results. So all the tummy grumbling was worth it. The first week of a diet is always the best because it's such a drastic change in your body. I'll be interested to see what happens next week but for now I will take that 6 lbs and smile about it all week!

Here's a little recap:

- The food is sooooo good! The key to me sticking to a plan is having food I actually like, I just can't eat grilled chicken, veggies and salads all day. Trust me I've tried, so I'm so happy to have a plan like TFD where I can eat great food and still lose weight.

- I didn't have any sugar cravings which is huge for me because that is usually the downfall of most of my diets. Having really good desserts gives me something to look forward to each day so I don't feel like I'm deprived for xx amount of days. It really surprised me that one dessert was enough for me but it was. My cravings were for actual food, not dessert. In my book that's a huge win.

- I was really hungry on the plan. I tried switching between having the dinner for lunch or having half of the dinner early. Or having half of the dessert at different times. Or spacing my meals for every 3 hours or every 4 hours. I would literally wake up early just to eat because I went to sleep hungry! Nothing seemed to really help and I realized that I was just going to be hungry until my body got used to eating less. I'm giving it another week but I don't think I can sustain feeling that way for much longer. If it doesn't change I may have to increase my calorie target and just get slower results.

- Although you can pick your meals, the more nutritious the meal the larger the quantity. And that goes a long way in keeping you satisfied between meals. I can either have exactly what I want and be hungry or have something a little more simple and be full. I still haven't figured out which, so far I've done a mixture. I just can't trade my pancakes, waffles and burgers for fruit and salad!

- I love having the convenience of getting my meals made for me daily. I feel so special, like I have a private chef. And after the year I've had I deserve something to smile about. Without getting into too much detail, I had my first surgery ever this year and my 14 month old son had his second. Only one years old and already more surgeries then mom. So having this treat gives me something for myself and for that I am happy and thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment