Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Fresh Diet - Day 8

The first thing I must say about TFD day 8 is that I was NOT hungry! Has my body reset? Only time will tell. I did have quite a few things to do today. Last week I didn't have anything to do except focus on food so maybe being preoccupied helped. Like I said, I'll just have to wait and see but I hope and pray the hunger pangs are gone for good! 
Apricot Cream Cheese Crepes with Fresh Oranges. These were really good, I added about a teaspoon of maple syrup since they didn't come with any. I didn't expect them to keep me full but I wasn't hungry until it was time for my snack. 

Chicken Salad Sandwich on Seven Grain Bread with Red Onion, Cilantro, & Celery. This was a different chicken salad then the one I had last week. The last one had walnuts and a grape which I prefer but this one was great as well. I added more mayo again and the protein and fiber from the bread helped to keep my full until dinner. 

Grilled Fillet of Ahi Tuna with Ginger Miso with Orange Glazed Baked Yams and Sauteed Collard Greens. I wasn't excited when I saw this, I normally don't like Ahi Tuna but I thought the ginger miso sounded good. Well I was pleasantly surprised. TFD is masterful at making sauces and once again it made the meal for me. And the size of the tuna was really filling, it took me 30 minutes to eat this meal and I didn't even devour my dessert right afterwards because I was so full. Now that's a first!


Crab Cake with Horseradish Dressing. After my last experience with the crab cakes I was disappointed I had ordered them again before having a chance to change my choice. Well once again I was pleasantly surprised. These tasted different then the larger dinner ones I had. I did find one shell in these but I would order again for sure. I used tartar sauce because the horseradish was too hot for me. I felt heat behind my eyes and in my nostrils! If you like heat, this one's for you. 

Pineapple Coconut Muffin. I just have to laugh at this point because I'm not sure why I can't remember to take a picture of my desserts before I start eating them??? Maybe that's the sign of a true sugarholic, my brain just goes to mush when a dessert is placed in front of me apparently. Well this was another great muffin. There was actual coconut in the muffin so since I'm not a fan I didn't like that, but it wouldn't stop me from ordering it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment